Re: Linking to libjava.so

Orion Poplawski wrote:
I'm trying to package up a java package for octave that links to libjava.so. Problem I'm having is that when octave tries to load the module at run time it can't find libjava.so. How should this be remedied?

__java__.oct requires JNI_CreateJavaVM which is defined in libjvm.so. libjvm.so is designed to be dlopened, rather than linked-to directly and loaded from LD_LIBRARY_PATH. So in __java__.cc:initialize_jvm, modify the Unix branch of the __WIN32__ ifdef to dlopen /usr/lib/jvm/jre/lib/$arch/client/libjvm.so and locate JNI_CreateJavaVM using dlsym. You can probably re-use the octave_shlib code from the win32 branch after jvm_lib_path initialization. $arch can be discovered and substituted by configure.

Tom