Re: [fedora-java] pb building com.redhat.eclipse.cdt.autotools

Francois-Xavier KOWALSKI wrote:

Jeff Johnston wrote:

Francois-Xavier KOWALSKI wrote:

Hello,

the version currently in CVS -- I have a previous version that did it -- refuses to build with the following error:

48. ERROR in /home/fxk/CVS/sourceware.org/com.redhat.eclipse.cdt.autotools/src/com/redhat/eclipse/cdt/autotools/popup/actions/GetIncludePathAction.java
(at line 9)
   import org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeSelection;
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The import org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeSelection cannot be resolved

Isn't a new class missing in the CVS?

The Autotools project is being targetted for FC6 so it is currently being developed against 3.2.

Ooops: seems that I am pretty far behind, at least from a distro perspective.

Not to worry. I haven't really spelled this out in detail other than mentioning we are targetting FC6 on the web-site.

As it turns out, that import was not being used so I have updated the file in question.

Thanks a lot. Would it be possible to have some kind of notice in case some 3.2-only feature is added for good? That would save your time for identifying the problem...

You're assuming I knew that a 3.2-only feature was being used :). As it turns out, that was just a test mechanism for discovering the include path for a file dynamically from the Makefile. If we find out the plugin will definitely not work on 3.1.2, I'll add something to the web-page.

-- Jeff J.

--FiX