RE: [fedora-java] Eclipse and Tomcat

--On Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:44 AM -0800 "Daniel B. Thurman" <dant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

lsof -i | grep tomcat revealed port 8005 but there is nothing there

I looked at /var/log/tomcat/catalina.out (logfile) and it says
that it started at port 8080.  OK...  that is good news.  I ran
the web-browser and apparently it runs forever - showing nothing
and spinning it's wheels...

I think the root-run version listens on both those ports by default. I think 8005 was the JK2 connector to Apache and 8080 is the web content port. (Been awhile since I messed with Tomcat.)

Without the "-i", lsof (list open files) reports all regular files, and can be used to locate what files a process is actively using. You can also strace a process to see what it opens over time. (Redirect output to a file and filter aggressively as an strace log gets huge fast.)

Look up-thread for how to get Eclipse to run a private copy of Tomcat.