Re: [fedora-java] Eclipse and Tomcat - where?

--On Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:12 AM +0100 Robert Schuster <theBohemian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

It is possible to run tomcat with your userid. All you need is a stripped
down version of the tomcat directory somewhere in your home dir where you
have read & write access.

I'm tinkering with Open For Business (http://www.ofbiz.org/) and I've checked out the latest code from their Subversion repository. The startup script runs a local copy of tomcat (v4, I think) for testing. I haven't gotten it to work yet (I get "no host configured" when connecting to its port) but that does suggest that this is the normal way to debug servlets without being root.