Re: [fedora-java] batik [Fwd: Re: com.sun.image.*]

Anthony Green wrote:
On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 23:27 -0700, Brion Vibber wrote:
Anthony Green wrote:
If anybody is interested in running batik on our free stack, here's some
info on what needs doing...

Has anybody been working on this? We'd be interested in using Batik to
rasterize SVG content for Wikipedia, and as we have a bit of a free
software fetish it would be nice to make sure it can run under GCJ.

(Currently we're using librsvg, which is not totally satisfactory as
there are some things it doesn't render too well.)

If nobody's working on it, I might pick it up sometime in the next while
depending on how hard it looks. :)

Brion - have you looked into this at all?

I've looked a little bit at the files but haven't had a chance to try
actually working on it. If someone else is itching to work on it, PLEASE
feel free to start!

The Fedora docs people would like to use FOP to help convert DocBook XML
into various outputs using a fully free stack.  Unfortunately FOP
depends on Batik....

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)