Re: [fedora-java] System freeze when running Eclipse as root

A.J.Delaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hey all,
	I know it shouldn't be done, but we ran Eclipse as root.  It seemed to
freeze the whole system, mouse pointer, keyboard input etc...  No kernel
panic was produced and Eclipse runs fine as a normal user.  Is this well
known behaviour for eclipse?

This indied is a quite nasty feature. I hava a workaround which allso fixes some other fedora-built eclipse bugs: Start eclipse with Suns java VM.
(eclipse /wm <path so suns java>)
Of course this is rather weird couse I develop programs on GCJ. But this fixes some bugs, won't freeze it as root and even loads faster.

/Arjen