Re: [fedora-java] Fedora "Project"?

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 07:40 -0500, Karen Bennet wrote:
> We might need to call it something other then java though,
> so welcome suggestions.

FYI attached is an email exchange from the debian-java mailinglist on
this same subject. Michael Koch is a gcj and GNU Classpath hacker and
Dalibor Topic is a Kaffe hacker. Obviously as GNU Classpath maintainer I
am also biased and would call it after the classpath project. Please
feel free to call it the "Fedora Classpath Community Project" if you
like. But maybe "fedora-gcj" is more appropriate since you are currently
building everything to native with gcj anyway.

If you need some infrastructure to collaborate on any fedora packaging
initiatives around gcj/classpath, like a wiki setup, quicker then the
restructuring of the fedora project guidelines takes then we are happy
to offer you space on our http://developer.classpath.org/ machine (in
the understanding that it will migrate back to the official fedora
mothership when it is ready of course).

Cheers,

Mark