Fedora Cloud Meeting Minutes 2020-12-08

Minutes: https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2020-12-08/fedora_cloud_meeting.2020-12-08-16.02.html
Minutes (text): https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2020-12-08/fedora_cloud_meeting.2020-12-08-16.02.txt
Log: https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2020-12-08/fedora_cloud_meeting.2020-12-08-16.02.log.html

=======================================
#fedora-meeting-1: fedora_cloud_meeting
=======================================

Meeting started by dustymabe at 16:02:37 UTC. The full logs are
available at
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2020-12-08/fedora_cloud_meeting.2020-12-08-16.02.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* roll call  (dustymabe, 16:02:42)

* Action items from last meeting  (dustymabe, 16:04:46)

* OpenStack cloud image: include and enable qemu-guest-image
  (dustymabe, 16:05:10)
  * LINK: https://pagure.io/cloud-sig/issue/319   (dustymabe, 16:05:19)
  * AGREED: since the unit appears to be inert on any system that can't
    take advantage of the service, we propose to add qemu-guest-agent to
    the base package set. We won't include it on GCP since we have a
    separate image for GCP already. In the future we may make other
    images specific to cloud providers, in which case we'll also remove
    it from those variants.  (dustymabe, 16:20:33)

* open floor  (dustymabe, 16:21:33)
  * LINK: https://pagure.io/cloud-sig/issue/320   (danken, 16:31:27)

* fedora cloud image: enable ipv6 (accept RAs by default)  (dustymabe,
  16:32:02)
  * LINK: https://pagure.io/cloud-sig/issue/320   (dustymabe, 16:32:08)
  * AGREED: we should/will remove networking configuration from the
    cloud images and let NetworkManager default configs apply, which
    should get us in a situation where ipv6 is no longer ignored.
    (dustymabe, 16:39:52)

* open floor  (dustymabe, 16:40:04)
  * ACTION: davdunc to make changes to the cloud base image to include
    qemu-guest-agent and drop the networking configuration  (dustymabe,
    16:43:32)
  * we have a PR open to rebase cloud-init to the new upstream version:
    https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/cloud-init/pull-request/11
    (dustymabe, 16:48:05)

Meeting ended at 16:51:07 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* davdunc to make changes to the cloud base image to include
  qemu-guest-agent and drop the networking configuration

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* davdunc
  * davdunc to make changes to the cloud base image to include
    qemu-guest-agent and drop the networking configuration
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------