Re: Fedora 31 - Cockpit - AWS

On 3/7/20 10:40 PM, Michael Hall wrote:
> Hi

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out.

> I have created an EC2 instance on AWS using the official Fedora 31 cloud image.
> I installed cockpit and opened port 9090 in the security group.
> I created a user account and gave it a password.
> I can log in to cockpit as my custom user and see a few things, but most importantly for me the terminal isn't working.
> I'm exploring options to have IT students complete labs on Fedora, so access to the terminal is critical.
>
> Any ideas or hopefully simple fix?
> Is this something to do with AWS networking?

Hmm.. This should work. I just tested it out locally and it worked for me.
A few things to try:

1. make sure your system is completely up to date (`dnf update --refresh -y`)
2. to test if the security group is causing issues open it up to allow all traffic
   and see if the problem goes away. If it does then we know it's something to do
   with the security group and we can investigate further down that path to find
   exactly what rules we need to allow it.

Dusty