Re: Fedora 30 cloud image inline_data

On 8/13/19 5:40 PM, Thomas Meyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As the base image has a lot of small files, did someone test what is the influence of setting ext4 feature inline_data?
>
> Are there other reasons why this feature is not active by default?
>
> And:
>
> Why are there so many duplicate files in the cloud image?
>
> Most of them seem to be from pycache and the filename ends in .opt-1.pyc and an equal file ending in .pyc

We just run a normal Fedora install using a kickstart and the resulting image
is what we ship.

> Would it be possible to add an extra step after creating the cloud image to hard link all duplicate files or what would speak against that?

Possibly, but there hasn't been a lot of interest in working on or changing the
cloud image right now. We need to get a group of people who are interested in
"care and feeding" of the cloud image if we want to make changes to it.

If you'd like to join then say so :)

Dusty