[atomic-wg] Issue #260: work items to harmonize releng pungi/ostree artifact creation

dustymabe added a new comment to an issue you are following:
``

OK. Some time later - an update on this ticket

- Highlighting OSTree commits as the delivered artifact

We will be setting an ostree version that corresponds to
the pungi compose ID. See OSTREE_VERSION_FROM_LABEL_DATE_TYPE_RESPIN
in https://pagure.io/pungi/pull-request/592. We are already
using this for rawhide.

- If we change the compose ID - what about Multi-Arch?

We are not planning to change the compose ID any longer. Additionally
with bodhi calling pungi we will be able to support multi-arch better.

- pungi compose ids are inflexible

Still using the same compose ID as in the past so no issues here

- Getting rid of bodhi creation of ostrees

planned and in progress: https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/300

- Coupling ostree creation with image creation

Since we are also planning to move mash to pungi we might as well
add image/ISO creation to pungi and have it do everything all at
the same time. This would mean we no longer have timing issues

**Identified Action Items**

1. We can work on patches to pungi to accept an ostree version as input and know what to do with it. This would be a version that would be input for image creation, not necessarily for ostree tree compose creation. i.e. build a qcow image for ostree version 25.100 that is in the ostree repo. Assumes the ostree version already exists.

Done. https://pagure.io/pungi/pull-request/592

2. We can work on patches to pungi to that can determine what the ostree version should be and set that during ostree tree compose time. See https://pagure.io/pungi/pull-request/575

Same as above

3. We need to provide to releng a script that can be run so they can "detect" what ostree version to specify as a compose id (I believe this assumes we keep ostree/image creation decoupled)

No need. Just use OSTREE_VERSION_FROM_LABEL_DATE_TYPE_RESPIN

4. Determine priority of having bodhi call pungi to create ostrees

high :)

5. We need to determine what we want the OSTree version to look like for Fedora 26 (right now the atomic WG proposal is `$majorversion.$year$month$day.$serial` `26.20170320.0`. Please comment in https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/229

We will get 26.20170320.0

6. Figure out if a compose id like `Fedora-Atomic-26-26.20170220.0_0` is possible and if anything breaks as a result.

No Need

``

To reply, visit the link below or just reply to this email
https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/260