[atomic-wg] Issue #256: atomic command changes: prefer file over label

jberkus added a new comment to an issue you are following:
``
So:

* The reason for using HELP instead of "description" is the atomic CLI.  Otherwise, I'd have used "description".  So I'm fine with that switch ... except that atomic CLI has no interaction with "description", does it?
* "help1.txt" is due to someone's misinterpretation of "help.1", so that's fine.
* the reason we often need a help file is that the Docker LABEL format is extremely cumbersome with text more than a few lines.

So, let's back up on this requirement.  Here's the essense:

The user of the container image should be able to access a moderately detailed description of how to use the image (equivalent to a man page), including the list of things mentioned above, whether or not they have access to public internet at the time.

Given that, it suggests that help files must exist both in the image and at the URL.  For Atomic CLI, that's a bit of a dillemma.  For users wanting to decide whether to install an image, we'd want the URL to take precedence, but for users who have a copy of the image and don't have connectivity, we'd want the local file to take precedence.  That's assuming that the atomic CLI can respond to commands about an image it hasn't downloaded at all.  Can it?

Do we want to simply discard the option of having a short description with no file?  That'll only apply to a minority of images anyway.
``

To reply, visit the link below or just reply to this email
https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/256