Re: Cloud and Server Q&A

On Thu, 2016-09-29 at 16:51 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> But I don't
> think QA clearly understands what cloud image(s) are release blocking,
> as previously they were just the non-atomic images.

I don't know what's going on with all this crap, but so far as I'm
concerned I understand perfectly well what the release blocking images
are. It's the ones listed on the release blocking images page which
specifically exists for this purpose:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Program_Management/ReleaseBlocking/Fedora25

(we still need to make the canonical version of this a JSON file
somewhere and generate the human-readable version from the JSON, but
meh, I haven't got around to it yet).

if it doesn't say 'yes' there, it ain't release blocking. Maintaining
that thing is the program manager's problem (i.e. jkurik's), not mine,
but it does somewhat concern me the number of 'TBD's on there. I don't
think the question of what images are 'release blocking' for F25 should
be *remotely* live at this point: it should have been decided weeks
ago, at least by Alpha release. And so far as I remember it, that's
what the protocol was supposed to be, we weren't still supposed to be
kicking around 'is it blocking?' discussions at Beta freeze. I'd
personally be very unhappy with any attempt to significantly change
what that page says right now.

Which images are prominent on the download pages and how much of a
relationship there is between that and 'release blocking' status is
*also* not my problem, but I'd agree with you (Chris) that it'd be
rather strange for the most prominently advertised deliverable for a
given product not to be a release-blocking one.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey