Re: overlayfs for AFTER Fedora 25

On 14/09/16, Adam Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Dusty Mabe <dusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > In the cloud meeting today I brought up overlayfs and F25. After
> > discussing with the engineers closer to the technology they recommend
> > waiting to move to overlayfs as the default in F26.
> >
> > I think this will work well because it will give us some time to allow
> > people to "try" overlayfs in F25 (we should provide good docs on this)
> > and then give us feedback before we go with it as default in F26. If
> > the feedback is bad then maybe we wouldn't even go with it in F26, but
> > hopefully that won't be the case.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Seems a little conservative, but I'm not opposed.
>
> I've been under the impression that part of the point of the Two Week
> Release cycle was to be able to deliver new stuff faster and fix
> issues faster but playing it safe isn't inherently a bad approach
> either.
For two week atomic we are not tied with the Fedora 25 release cycle. We
can enable it in our release when we think it is ready for the
consumers. It does not have to wait F26 release. For example we see it
is in good condition after one week of F25 release, we can then enable
it default in the next 2WA release.

Kushal
--
Fedora Cloud Engineer