Re: Is the Cloud network installer really a 'release blocking image'?

On Saturday, April 2, 2016 6:17:54 AM CDT Peter Robinson wrote:
> On 1 Apr 2016 23:39, "Adam Williamson" <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So the 'canonical' list of release blocking images:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Program_Management/ReleaseBlocking/Fed
> ora24
> > has a 'yes' for the Cloud x86_64 network install image.
> >
> > This seems suspicious to me. Who does network installs of the Cloud
> > tree? Why would you want to do that? Why would it be a release-blocking
> > deliverable?
>
> Well I believe it's what's used to then install the qemu cloud and docker
> images so if it fails then all that use it in the creation process would
> fail which would make it release blocking due to dependency chains wouldn't
> it?
It is what is used, to make the cloud images.  if it by itself is release
blocking, I am not sure, but if it does not work we have no cloud images.  So
it does have to work

> In terms of end users when I was looking at the primary mirror the other
> day I don't believe we even ship the cloud network installer.

We do ship it, it goes into alt space along with Labs, it is not a primary
cloud deliverable.

http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/releases/test/24_Alpha/Cloud/

Dennis