Re: Fedora 24 and Atomic

On Thu, 2016-03-17 at 18:54 -0400, Amanda Carter wrote:

> > > I guess I don't see the point of actually literally including the
> > > images in the Alpha compose -- it seems like getting the two-week
> > > prerelease-F24 working is the important part.
> > Yes, you have described it in a better way. That is exactly what my
> > understanding is.

> I'm pretty sure Matt and Dennis already decided to pull Atomic out of
> the F24 compose and into a separate 2 week release stream last night.
> Do you guys need anything from my side or need me to track anything
> down?

For the record, I'm pretty sure Atomic compose has never actually
worked as part of the Pungi 4 compose process or the previous automated
nightly compose process. Composing Atomic images has always been
something of a separate hack that was done manually for pre-F24 TC/RC
composes, and is scripted as a separate thing for the two-week Atomic
composes.

AFAIK there have been no Fedora 24 Atomic images produced at all, ever.

I believe Dennis was planning as a short-term thing to graft the Atomic
compose process onto the Pungi 4 compose process by running the Atomic
compose bits and then somehow jamming the outputs into the Pungi 4
compose tree and patching the metadata or something along those lines,
but if I'm understanding this thread correctly it sounds like he's
decided instead to port the entirely standalone 'two week Atomic'
compose process to F24.

(FWIW, my opinion is that this is a mess and priority should be given
to *properly* integrating creation of the Atomic deliverables into
Pungi 4).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey