Re: Putting Networkd on cloud Atomic and base image for F24

On 12/14/2015 03:57 PM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> On 12/14/2015 03:23 PM, Kushal Das wrote:
>> The third choice is already in the images along with systemd. We are
>> talking about enabling it as default networking stack. Ubuntu already
>> has a beta implementation in place with network instead of networking
>> scripts.
>>
>> If we have to stay ahead in innovation, we have to do things for the
>> "First" of our four foundation. We were ahead in adopting systemd, we
>> should do the same for Networkd.
>
> Anybody willing to put together (or already have) a list of PMI[1] info
> about the options so we can make a decision?
>
> When do we need to decide by? Can we switch like, now, and then back it
> out if we find that it breaks all the things?

If we are going to switch I say now is the time to do it for the
rawhide images so we do have time to back it out. That being said, we
need to make sure someone actually uses it and report issues in the
mean time.

Last I checked the rawhide images weren't building (but the ostree is
being composed). As a side piece of good news it looks like this [1]
bug has been fixed in systemd now, so the ostree actually boots!

[1] - https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/1556