Re: Cloud Atomic ISO, missing items for baremetal usage

On 2015-12-11 20:23, Chris Murphy wrote:
Hi,
Is there a wish list for things to consider adding to a future ISO?
These are things not on the current ISO that often are on other
baremetal installs like Workstation and Server products. I don't have
enough familiarity with whether these things should just be included
in the base installation and those that could be gathered in one or
more "util" or "extras" type of Fedora docker image. So far I'm
running into:

/lib/fimware/ is read-only so I can't add this:
[   14.599501] iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: request for firmware file
'iwlwifi-7265D-13.ucode' failed.

I don't know whether a /var/lib/firmware being bind mounted to
/lib/firmware can be done soon enough that it'll be picked up by the
kernel.

pciutils, which contains lspci
hdparm
smartmontools
iotop

These I have running in a fedora container. lspci mostly works, but
getting full -vvnn detail requires --privileged=true. And the other
three require it. iotop additionally needs --net=host. I'd be OK with
them just being available in a container, but it might make more sense
to just include them in the atomic ISO installation, maybe even
borrowing a list from the Server product?

Hi,

I recently started experimenting with Kubernetes on Atomic Hosts and one
aspect I find important is persistent storage. K8s offers quite a few options
like NFS, Gluster, Ceph, etc..
I initially wanted to use Gluster because it kind of fits the use case. But unfortunaly the Gluster packages were not available in the Atomic image so
I used NFS for now.
Would it be possible to add the needed packages for the different types of
shared storage.

Vincent