Re: Fedora Atomic edition "pivot" next steps

On 12/11/2015 02:01 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2015, at 12:31 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
>> At Flock and on this list and elsewhere, we've talked about making
>> Fedora Atomic our main edition-level deliverable (while still producing
>> Cloud Base as something akin to a Spin).
>>
>> As I understand it, this is officially agreed, but not everyone is
>> really bought in. I'd like to advocate for and advance this further,
>> especially since Two Week Atomic is off the ground and running (see
>> https://getfedora.org/en/cloud/download/atomic.html — thanks
>> everyone!). Are we ready for the next steps, here?

I think we're Very Close(TM). It'd be good to have one or two more Two
Week Atomic releases under our belts and an "official" process for doing
the go/no-gos on those, and ensure we have enough hands to keep updates
coming through and fixes.

For example, this week folks stepped up to give Karma to the Docker
update and keep it flowing through the system - which is awesome. And I
know Jason and some other folks were looking at the loopback regression
- though I'm not sure that's fixed yet.

When we're hitting those things consistently for a few releases in a
row, then I think that it's pivot time.

> There's been a lot of work indeed so far, and more to come with
> things like the layered builder - but do we have an idea what those
> next steps would be for Cloud beyond the things that are already
> queued as Features?  Are there things missing from the Features
> list?

I think the big thing on my list will be OpenShift Origin, which IIRC is
under review as a package?

We won't be "done" at that point, but I think that gives us all the
major features we need to really shine as the focus.

Anything we're missing on other folks' list?

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Community Team, OSAS