Re: Can't run a container with root bind mounted in F23 docker 1.7

On 10/30/2015 05:53 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 12:40 AM, Dusty Mabe <dusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
docker 1.7 is what is in the stable f23 repo. with that we can't run a
container with root bind mounted into it:

```
-bash-4.3# docker run -it --rm -v /:/host busybox
Error response from daemon: Relabeling of / is not allowed
-bash-4.3# rpm -q docker
docker-1.7.0-22.gitdcff4e1.fc23.x86_64
```

I guess we'll just have to go with it..
Why is the cloud WG waiting until the last minute to be testing this?
I mean the NVR that your referring to has been there since the 28th
July. That's a lot of time to either fix it or move to a newer version
of docker to do so.

So we had test days and we have been testing F23 cloud images along the way. The problem is that all the way up until the RC images came out we have had images that had the updates-testing repo enabled by default. docker-1.8.2 is in updates-testing so guess what? We have been testing that and not 1.7.1.

Some of us, including myself, haven't been around fedora that long and this little detail is quite subtle and leads to many issues when you think you've tested something enough.

Along with the previous thread of "the last time this was working was
TC11" that tells me the Cloud WG testing regime is sub par.

Clearly there's some issues along the lines of:
1) Incomplete test matrix
2) Test matrix not being followed
3) Use of automated test harnesses and people not checking the output

Our automated tests are brand new, but are getting better all the time. The atomic image issues would have been caught by the test harness but that one test was disabled for the atomic images. It is now enabled for them.
4) gaps in what the auto test frame work is capable of and people not
doing manual testing to cover the difference until it's fixed
5) a combination of all of the above

Either way the above is a blatant disregard of other Working Groups,
teams and people in the project who have to spend a vast amount of
time when a respin is required producing the respin and the QAing it
even if nothing else has changed.

Blatant disregard. Thanks. See earlier point about updates-testing repos.

I'm looking forward to the Cloud WG's postmortem once the release is
out covering how they're going to be the leading light in this regard
in F-24 because picking up issues that have been around for weeks and
months at RC9 clearly isn't good enough.

See earlier point about updates-testing repos being enabled. Docker 1.8 has been in the updates-testing repos for months. When a user just does 'dnf install docker' a lot of times they don't check what repo it came from:

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/?packages=docker

Dusty