Re: [DISCUSS] Cloud and Server Workgroup relationship

On 10/28/2015 03:03 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Could you provide a bit more context without necessarily offering your
> suggestions?  It's somewhat hard to discuss this without it going
> everywhere without some kind of background into the overlaps or
> disparities that you see.

I can try to give some context, and yes we probably need some scope. To
be clear, this isn't so much disparities/overlaps that *I* see - I just
took the AI to start the discussion.

Cloud ticket 127 from roshi opened the discussion about the server WG
wanting "to do some coordination with workstation and cloud" and asked
for brainstorming. And then discussion followed which I won't try to
summarize because I may not do it justice, so please see [1].

Some useful questions, though:

- Does the current set of editions make sense, as produced by the Cloud
and Server WG?

- Is the distinction between Cloud and Server wrong?

There's a lot of history here - the Cloud group really started as a
place to look at packaging OpenStack, OpenShift, Eucalyptus, CloudStack
for Fedora. Then it evolved into cloud images and then a focus on Atomic.

- Should we have a "server" image in the cloud? Is the current suite of
editions confusing?

And most importantly - what started the initial initial conversation,
how should the Cloud & Server folks work together next release?

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/cloud/ticket/127
--
Joe Brockmeier | Community Team, OSAS
jzb@xxxxxxxxxx | http://community.redhat.com/