Re: Becoming comaintainer for Fedora-Dockerfiles

On 10/01/2015 09:50 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 06:36:22AM -0400, Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:
One of the things that I forgot to talk about with Scott was the
relation of Fedora-Dockerfiles to Layered Image Build System proposal
[3]. The proposal suggests that dist-git should be set up for
Dockerfiles. Are there any plans to obsolete Fedora-Dockerfiles to
dist-git repos? Or are these meant to run in parallel and have
different purposes? I'd like to get answers to these questions before
I start working on any of the issues mentioned above. (If there are
no answers yet, then I'm happy to participate in the discussion!)
My opinion is that the dist-git-for-dockerfiles plan should make Fedora
Dockerfiles obsolete.

How would users who aren't necessarily involved in the Fedora build process experiment building images with a Fedora base? Right now there's a rpm created from fedora-dockerfiles that includes all the Dockerfiles and makes it easy to experiment by placing all the Dockerfiles in /usr/share/fedora-dockerfiles. If we keep them both, it's somewhat duplicate work. I'm just curious how it would look. Right now the barrier to entry for experimentation is low. I'm concerned about raising that.

Also, the plan was for Vasek to submit Nulecule PRs to Fedora-dockerfiles, at some point, so people could experiment with them as well. I'd also like to see k8s example json / yaml files associated with select fedora-dockerfiles for easy experimentation. Would the nulecule / k8s get pushed into the dist-git as well?