Re: changes list for fesco (Cloud WG members -- action needed!)

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 10:44 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 08:05:19AM +0900, Sandro red Mathys wrote:
>> > 1. Many of the changes and dependencies are missing owners. It would be
>>
>> So, what does being an owner constitute? Pulling strings or doing all
>> the hard work? I'd be interested in doing one or two, but e.g. the
>> Docker host image still needs SELinux changes, AFAIK and while I could
>> write some policy that would work I'm sure someone else could write
>> one that would work and was as secure as possible... ;)
>
> Good question. :) It means being responsible for making sure that thing
> happens in whatever way necessary. The ideal, easy case is where one cloud
> SIG member can in fact do most of the work. (Or two or three members.) But a
> lot of these are going to be about coordinating, bribing, and cajoling other
> people into doing the heavy listing -- or figuring out alternatives when
> that isn't working. For the things which impact overloaded groups like
> release engineering and QA, that might include stirring up more volunteers
> (from this SIG or from the broader world).

That's a long way of saying "it depends", but I appreciate the details
;) Figure changes are supposed to be mostly implemented by the SIG
while external needs are mostly implemented by the external resource
and the owners' primary job is to work as a point of contact and
keeping track, etc.?

Also, regarding the change "Move to ImageFactory For image Creation",
do we mean "putting ImageFactory into Koji" or "changing the cloud
base kickstart file to being ImageFactory-compatible" or something
completely different? It's not really clear from the description
(unless you know the tools / processes / current progress of both
tasks better, I guess).

So, what's the process of claiming ownership? Just edit the wiki and
get started? Or is there some kind of approval process? Or a "go"
signal to wait for?

-- Sandro