Re: Attention Cloud WG nominees

On 10/25/2013 08:32 AM, Fabian Deutsch wrote:
Hey,
I just wanted to quickly point out oVirt Node here [0] which is
currently a "tiny" image which actually does this: Just run containers
(in this case qemu instances, but probably extendable to other
containers too).
Our concept is different - we provide Node as an image (like a firmware)
and not package based - like a server. We are currently consuming Fedora
and CentOS packages to build those "Hypervisor" images.

I'd be happy to join in here, because it feels like Node doesn't fit
into the Server group.

If your note runs daemon/service as in it's an application (or set of applications) that runs in the background waiting to be used, or carrying out essential tasks on an pyshical/vm or in container or in other words basically it's an systemd/upstart/sysv unit/service or an container that can be started and enable with the systemd and service commands and is not part of the desktop/graphical target ( such as gdm.service which thus makes it part of the workstation group ), it belongs with the server WG

JBG