Re: Vagrant in Fedora

On 24/09/13 13:19, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 08:15:34AM -0400, Alexandre Drahon wrote:
The rubygems issues look like they can be solved with Mo's help. The policykit stuff is more tricky, mainly because I have no idea how it works, so I really need help here. Here are the problems I'm currently facing:
1. I'm working on a minimal install to make sure I pull the right
dependencies (including qemu etc.), but I need an auth agent for polkit,
should I have a dependency on pkexec?
I think you probably should just should do "Requires: polkit" (which is the

Thank you, will try this.

package which contains pkexec). This is faster than file dependencies.

2. Every time the vagrant command is invoked, the user needs to connect to
qemu:///system, may have to change virtual networks (destroy/create),
change some NFS shares and firewall rules. What's the best way to manage
all that, should I provide a custom policy (how do I create it?), maybe as
an option? Should I create a vagrant group with some privileges? Or give
them to the wheel group? Will it create security issues on the system?
I think that all falls squarely under this:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2013-September/189003.html

Very interesting, I'll look into that.

Maybe solving point 1 is enough to have a working vagrant-kvm environment,
but the issues in 2 hinder the usability of Vagrant (because you have to
authenticate during the command execution) and makes vagrant-kvm not as
fluid as with VirtualBox. My goal has been from the beginning to provide
the full Vagrant experience using KVM, so I hope we can solve that.