Re: Where is the admin's directory?

Those instructions assume you are working as a non-priveledge user on a system. So, if you are logged in as sliu, you should put the keystonerc_* files in /home/sliu
If you ran as root, which some people do, you probably put them in /root

On 08/13/2012 07:01 AM, Stephen Liu wrote:
Hi Eoghan,

Further to my late posting.

I have stopped there and rebooted the PC.  Please advise where can I find admin's directory?  OR I have to start from the begining again?  Thank
B.R.
SL

----- Original Message -----
From: Eoghan Glynn <eglynn@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Stephen Liu <satimis@xxxxxxxxx>; Fedora Cloud SIG <cloud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 4:43 PM
Subject: Re: Where is the admin's directory?

  I'm following;

  Red Hat Essex Preview
  Lab Guide
  Red Hat Summit - 2012 Edition
  http://fedorapeople.org/~russellb/openstack-lab-rhsummit-2012/

  to set up OpenStack, Essex, on Fedora 17

  I'm stuck here:
  Now that an admin user has been created, that account can be used to
  administer keystone. To make it easy to set the admin user's
  credentials in the proper environment variables, create a
  keystonerc_admin file with the following contents ....
  http://fedorapeople.org/~russellb/openstack-lab-rhsummit-2012/ch02s02.html

  Where shall I create the file keystonerc_admin?  Where is the admin's
  directory?
You can put it anywhere you like, note that the keystone admin user is not
necessarily tied to an individual system user (in which case the RC file
would naturally live in their home directory). Instead this is an openstack
identity that a system user assumes by sourcing the keystonerc_admin file.
It may be that a single system user sometimes adopts an admin role, and
other times uses openstack as a non-admin user. Or that a group of system
users share the role of openstack admin. Or whatever. Just put the file
somewhere that's only accessible to the system users that are allowed to
be admins.

Note that there is an unrealistic aspect to this tutorial ... in practice
you may be more leary about leaving passwords in text files, in which
case the password can be re-typed for each individual command line or the
OS_PASSWORD env var set manually per-session. For the tutorial, its just
more convenient to dump it into a file.

Cheers,
Eoghan