Re: RFC: Cloud Interop FAD

On 2012-06-18 9:30, Andy Grimm wrote:
Overall, I definitely like the idea of developing $PaaS on $IaaS
narratives for Fedora, as we so often see that people using a cloud
don't architect their apps for a cloud.  Anything we can do to promote
"proper" cloud apps is a good thing.

I don't know much about Openshift yet, but wonder if the FAD agenda
should narrow it even more to start with -- I know OpenShift is
designed to support multiple languages / frameworks, and perhaps it
makes sense to start with one.  In other words, the FAD goal is make
sure that Fedora has a full narrative for setting up $IaaS and getting
all the way to, say, a running Django app.  At that point,
substituting another framework is probably just a matter of pointing
to another OpenShift example in github or the OpenShift docs.

I simply used the first names that came to my mind out of the software that I know is in/on its way into Fedora; it doesn't have to be OpenShift specifically. Sorry if it sounded like that.

You make a good point, but I'll take it one further: perhaps getting everyone together to craft a single, very complete narrative at the FAD would provide everyone with a much-needed "whole story" that people can later tweak to work with different software stacks at all levels. After this "initial" work is done it would make it that much easier for people to come up with good narratives on their own later.

How does that sound to you folks?