Meeting Minutes from THE MOST EPIC CLOUD SIG MEETING EVER :: 2011-10-04

Dear Cloudy Pals,

The stuff below is what Awesome Meetings are made of.

I *highly* suggest that you read the logs. We talked for nearly 2 hours
today. Not about "help me with a package" - but about Bigger Things. Like:

What is the future of Fedora + Cloud?

What are our priorities? Being the free-as-in-free-beer OS of choice in
the cloud? Being a developer sandbox with the greatest number of puzzle
pieces? Being the enabler of ISVs who want to run on Fedora and RHEL?
How can we be BETTER? What should we be Better At?

Our awesome contributors, who, I might add, come from a wide variety of
cloud projects, had a FASCINATING discussion.

Again, you should READ IT. And speak your thoughts.

-Robyn

Log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-11-04/cloud_sig.2011-11-04-18.59.log.html
Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-11-04/cloud_sig.2011-11-04-18.59.html

==========================
#fedora-meeting: Cloud SIG
==========================

Meeting started by rbergeron at 18:59:59 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-11-04/cloud_sig.2011-11-04-18.59.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Who's here on FUN FRIDAY  (rbergeron, 19:00:10)

* EC2  (rbergeron, 19:03:15)
   * EC2 images on F16 for launch day will be publicized.  (rbergeron,
     19:08:35)
   * Info has been added to release announcement, website in "other ways
     to consume fedora" section, in a vendor-neutral way  (rbergeron,
     19:09:12)
   * FEDORA IS CONSUMABLE BECAUSE IT IS A DELICIOUS BEEFY MIRACLE
     (rbergeron, 19:09:32)
   * need to know if dgilmore or jforbes is filling out the little page
     on amazon's site to get the ami's listed  (rbergeron, 19:11:59)
   * rbergeron respectfully requests eucalyptus and cloudstack in F17
     from our excellent community memborz, please  (rbergeron, 19:18:12)

* Docs  (rbergeron, 19:18:23)
   * gholms is da man  (rbergeron, 19:19:04)
   * feedback on EC2 information in the F16 cloud guide is requested
     (rbergeron, 19:19:24)

* cloud-init stuff  (rbergeron, 19:19:34)
   * cloud-init is partially working at this point. could be a feature in
     f17. need testing and bug filing and FIXES. STAY TUNED FOR MORE!
     (rbergeron, 19:24:07)
   * ACTION: gholms to shoot out an email in his copious spare time, time
     permitting, of course, re: cloud-init  (rbergeron, 19:24:27)
   * ACTION: johnmark to investigate requirements for packaging oVirt,
     rbergeron to hook him up with a name of a person for where to start
     (rbergeron, 19:29:44)

* What else?  (rbergeron, 19:33:49)
   * Swift 1.4.0 is in Fedora - 1.0.x is in EPEL - would like to get to
     1.4.3.  (rbergeron, 19:35:58)

* cloud.fp.o  (rbergeron, 19:48:39)
   * IDEA: A place to get all information cloudy about Fedora.
     (rbergeron, 19:50:59)
   * A spot to highlight: AMIs, Tools (Cloudstack/Euca/Aeolus/Openstack),
     Storage (HekaGlusterCloudFS), BigDataFun (someday), Deltacloud,
     other places with Fedora consumable in a cloudy way (rackspace)
     (rbergeron, 19:54:43)
   * Making us look like we mean Serious Business.  (rbergeron, 19:55:04)
   * Oh, and loftygoal, Make This Easy To Deploy, though that has a lot
     of associated stuff beyond "make a website"  (rbergeron, 19:56:09)
   * AGREED: We need evangelism *and* reality  (rbergeron, 20:08:45)
   * HIGHLY PRODUCTIVE AND THOUGHTFUL MEETING. Logs are absolutely
     fascinating.  (rbergeron, 20:54:26)
   * What is the Future of Fedora in the Cloud??? Or With a Cloud? Or As
     a Cloud?  (rbergeron, 20:54:27)
   * How do we enable the Cloud SIG, Cloudy Efforts, and... Fedora in
     General?  (rbergeron, 20:54:28)
   * Find out at the next meeting!  (rbergeron, 20:54:36)
   * abadger1999 thinks it would be great if we could have someone
     familiar with documentation work with the packaging guidelines to
     make them more consumable.  (rbergeron, 20:56:09)

Meeting ended at 20:59:14 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* gholms to shoot out an email in his copious spare time, time
   permitting, of course, re: cloud-init
* johnmark to investigate requirements for packaging oVirt, rbergeron to
   hook him up with a name of a person for where to start

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* gholms
   * gholms to shoot out an email in his copious spare time, time
     permitting, of course, re: cloud-init
* johnmark
   * johnmark to investigate requirements for packaging oVirt, rbergeron
     to hook him up with a name of a person for where to start
* rbergeron
   * johnmark to investigate requirements for packaging oVirt, rbergeron
     to hook him up with a name of a person for where to start
* **UNASSIGNED**
   * (none)

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------