Hey Cloud SIG, let's start talking about F15.

We are just a few weeks away from the Fedora 14 release, and actually
having a new version of Fedora on EC2.  This has been *the* major goal
over the past, well, 10 months since this list was created, and I'm
delighted that it is finally coming together. (Thank you, Justin, for
doing all of this work, and everyone else who has been working on
supporting his efforts and helping out with behind-the-scenes stuff
like talking to Amazon and writing documentation and asking
questions!)

Of course, this is Fedora, and I know a lot of us are thinking about
*what we can do next*.  So I'd like to have a discussion here on our
friendly mailing-list about some of the things we'd like to do in F15
(and beyond!).

First off: We have a lot of stuff in the pipeline that I think we
could submit to the Feature List for Fedora 15. What is this "stuff,"
you might ask?

* OpenStack - We already have the Swift portion of this in, and Nova
is in the pipeline. (Thanks, silassewell.) http://www.openstack.org
* Deltacloud - I'm not sure how far along this is, or if it's possible
that this could be fully in for F15, or if there are clearly definable
portions that could be F15 features.  Anyone from Deltacloud - can you
pipe in here? :) http://deltacloud.org/
* BoxGrinder - Marek Goldmann is working on packaging.
http://www.jboss.org/boxgrinder
* Eucalyptus - obino has been looking for some mentorship as far as
packaging goes. If there are folks around to help out with this, I
think it would be awesome to have as a feature.  Is anyone willing to
help out here? http://open.eucalyptus.com/
* Sheepdog - Steven Dake is working on this. http://www.osrg.net/sheepdog/

Additionally, we probably have further enhancements we could make on
the EC2 front - namely, having really awesome documentation, which
Sparks has been poking the list on since he'd love to help us out
there. What other EC2-related enhancements are there for us to tackle?

But what I am interested in is - what do YOU guys think about what we
could, or even *should*, be doing? Are there other cloud tools,
implementations, projects, etc. we should be looking at?  What are
they? What should Fedora's ongoing cloud-sig focus be?

Yes, I know, I'm full of questions. :)

Cheers,

-Robyn