Re: fedora 13 ami/aki?

with the new (as of 2 weeks ago) pv-grub aki now avail, there really isn't much need for any vendor to get their own aki published. �Creating an AMI has always been fairly easy, but only select people were allowed to create AKIs.

I have a fedora13 ebs-boot AMI I made and use; I could potentially make that AMI public, but you don't know me. �I don't tend to use things from people I don't know, unless I've seen that a community review process has taken place, so I'd recommend either waiting for the ephemeral-backed AMI that others here are working on, or you can just make your own. �

For an easy-to-follow setup (I scripted it while doing it, since it made it easier to fix things, delete, and try again), check out:

http://github.com/dazed1/pvgrub2ebs

Note that it isn't supposed to be elegant/pretty/impressive, it's just supposed to be functional and create an EBS that, if you snapshot it, will boot and can be updated like "normal."

Brian