Eucalyptus

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 1:46 AM, graziano obertelli
<graziano at eucalyptus.com> wrote:
> So, the reason's why Conflict is there, is beacause we need all the
> eucalyptus pacakges to be the same version. In our testing it happened
> that some older versions were left behind, making the experience failry
> miserable (failure modes in this case are very frustratring to chase). I
> can remove it, but how do I ensure that all eucalyptus pacakges installed
> are of the same version?

Just have every subpackage Require the main one with a versioned dependency:

Requires: %{name} = %{version}-%{release}

When one tries to update the main package the older subpackages'
dependencies will be unsatisfied, causing yum to pull in the new ones
to fix the problem.  Conversely, when a subpackage is updated it will
require the newer version of the main package and pull it in.

> Does %global exists also in CentOS?

Yes.

> Hopefully I will have sometime tomorrow and over the weekend to work on
> the packaging and writing a better spec file (there are still quite a few
> point you mentioned that I have not tackled). Is that ok for me to post
> the spec file (once I get something which works) on this list to have more
> feedback?

I certainly wouldn't mind.  Then again it isn't difficult to pull up
the current version in Bazaar either.

The euca2ools spec file from the tarballs doesn't work on Fedora at
all because it simply assumes the machine runs CentOS with Python 2.5.
 Perhaps I can try working on a version that works but is still
relatively portable.