Re: Another try at IRAF?

Hello,

great news! Right now i use iraf using my own rpms, which are quite dirty (i just repackaged the binaries and I'm new to rpm packaging, available at https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Acdersch%3AAstro ). I just started the work at a Fedora based spin for astronomy purposes to get an easy usable system for my astronomy group. Maybe it is possible to create an official spin when the packages are ready. In my experience it is a quite big problem to get a clean working system with IRAF etc. for many people new to linux.
Of course I'm able to test your packages and i will participate in fedora-astronomy when possible.

Best Regards,
Christian Dersch