Re: RPI4 8G with UEFI for Pi: How to enable VC4?

Hi,

On 1/15/21 2:29 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
Sorry for not being clear. Yes, I mean the Tianocore firmware.

So I've added Jeremy to my reply as he's the maintainer of this
firmware but as it's EDK2 and ACPI, as opposed to device tree, I'm not
sure it's intended to work.

As the driver would need ACPI support and the firmware would need the
appropriate ACPI tables to describe the hardware. I'm not sure what
the plans there are for support for the GPU on that firmware is, the
timeline or if there is any plans there.

There are plans but no dates. :) So, no it doesn't work at the moment.

As mentioned putting the dt overlays/etc on the sd card and flipping it to DT mode to see if that works is a good place to start if you want to try getting it working. Although if your also trying to boot from SD you will need to wait until the next firmware release to also use wifi/etc because the default DTs don't entirely know how to change the SD/Wifi pin routing.

I think the half dozen or so of us fixing stuff on that platform also have our hands full with various boot failures at the moment. Once that gets cleared up we can start looking at further ACPI functionality extensions.

I would suggest opening a bug on the github page, and/or jumping on the discord channel.