Re: Fedora 32 on RPi 4

> I intend to update this wiki page:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Raspberry_Pi
>
> to clarify that the Raspberry Pi 4 does run Fedora 32 aarch64.

Yes, but three's a lot that doesn't work so please do not update it
(unless you want to do the support for all the queries).

> Currently, the page suggests that there is no support for the Raspberry Pi 4.

The page is correct, as the maintainer of Raspberry Pi support in
Fedora it is not currently supported. Working is different to support,
for some use cases it does in fact work just fine but there's a lot of
stuff that isn't working and hence it's not supported.

> Does anyone know whether this is just a case of wiki rot, or is the RPi
> actually not "officially supported"? I don't want to change the wiki page based
> on personal experience but go against the official stance of the fine folk
> working on the OS.

It's not officially supported. A lot of people are using it but for
the Raspberry Pi in particular there's a lot of beginner users that
expect certain things to work so until they do in a reasonable manner
it works but won't be officially supported because the increase in
work load on me due to expectations of users is high and I really
don't have the time to deal with it.

For example there's the following basic things don't work:
* USB in early boot to select kernels
* USB on 8Gb model at all
* accelerated graphics
* 32 bit devices out of the box
* HDMI audio
* Likely a whole bunch of things I've not even had time to test.

Until these things are fixed upstream and/or fixed/verified in Fedora
to give a reasonable out of box experience it won't be officially
supported. For example the first series of accelerated graphics
patches should land upstream in the 5.10 kernel so that means we
likely won't officially support it until it until at least Fedora 34.

Peter