Re: Adding support for the Pinebook Pro

> I have recently received my long awaited Pinebook Pro and wanted to
> install Fedora on it.
>
> Unfortunately, I haven't found concrete hints that the Pinebook Pro is
> supported by the Fedora ARM spin. All I found was the
> arm-image-installer package, but that one appears to support the
> Pinebook (without the Pro) and armv7hl only.

The Pinebook Pro is not currently supported. Fedora is NOT armv7hl only.

The PBP is being worked upon and it will be supported, the exact
extent ATM is still TBD, in Fedora 32. There should be more details
available, and I plan on having it testable, by the end of February. I
was hoping to have it further forward by now but my travel schedule
has made that difficult.

> What would it take to get a semi-official Fedora image for the Pinebook?
> I'd definitely be willing to invest some time into this, as I don't
> fancy running Debian/Arch/Android on that machine.

>From my PoV it's actually less work to get a official version and then
less for people to provide support.

> And on related matters: anyone knows if it is possible to put Silverblue
> on an ARM machine?

Yes, it is, there's aarch64 Silverblue composes already, I keep
meaning to do a PR to enable pre built images. It's on my list also
for F-32.

Peter