Re: Pinebook Pro with fedora possible?

Hi,

Long story short, it will be possible, and is planned.

> Just wondering if anyone thinks it would be possible to install fedora 31 on a Pinebook Pro? (aarch64) I have nothing against debian but I find working in a red hat environment easier and more useful with my job. Seems like a nice little laptop with a decent amount of ram. Any ideas on how to get started would be much appreciated if its even possible.

Fedora 31 doesn't support it out of the box. I ran out of time for that.

> I did install fedora 31 (beta) on a raspberry pi 3b which I still have. Would it be similar process? where you dump an image onto a sd card with a command line tool?  (arm-image-installer)  Or would I just create a bootable usb disk with the aarch64 iso file? At first I guess I'd want to use an external drive to hold fedora so as to not mess up the pre-install debian until I know what I'm doing.

I have one that arrived yesterday awaiting for me to collect. That
should happen in the next day or so. Depending on how well you know
serial consoles and U-Boot you should actually be able to get Fedora
running without too much problem. If you're not sure about that I'll
work to get it much more straight forward in the coming weeks,
although it's mostly a spare time on the weekend/evenings sort of
task. Overall the rk3399 and Pine64 bits are relatively well supported
in Fedora and getting better with open drivers. I have a few rk3399
devices running Workstation just fine. I'm not sure of the state of
the various peripherals in the upstream kernel so that will impact a
bit. I'll know better later in the week once I have a chance to have a
better look.

Peter