Re: Fedora 30 - Rasbberry Pi 4 support

On 26.06.19 08:37, Stefan Wahren wrote:
>>> as far as i know there isn't any upstream branch. Some of the RPi 4
>>> stuff has been prepared for upstream (usually BCM2711 = downstream,
>>> BCM2838 = upstream), but are buried in the rpi-4.19 branch.
>>>
>>> Looks at this for example:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/commits?author=pelwell
>>>
>>> But there are also lot of hacks. Currently the biggest part on Kernel
>>> side is the PCIe driver which isn't upstreamed yet. Another problem is
>>> that there is no U-Boot support yet.
>> I figured as much, I had looked at the 4.19.y branch as I figured
>> that's where the initial bits would be but I hadn't seen anything that
>> stood out :-/
>>
>> I was looking through the DT compatible strings from
>> bcm2711-rpi-4-b.dtb and worked out the issues with the PCIe issue, I
>> figured there was either a new driver or enablement to one of the
>> other broadcom drivers, most of the rest looked like fairly generic
>> Arm IP or exisiting broadcom bits so my guess would there would be DT
>> plus probably some enablement bits for the new SoC to find.
> I will start to prepare an initial RFC series in the near future. But
> it's summer, so don't expect anything too soon.

Just a short update: it will be a bumpy road :-(

The good news first: sdhci (incl. clk changes) and pinctrl are ready.

But there is hassle with DMA especially with current Linux 5.3 rc. So in
case the initial series land for Linux 5.4, there will be only debug
UART and no graphics support. Also i'm currently not sure arm64 support
will be ready.