Re: Making both ethernet ports work on NanoPi R1

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 5:09 PM Geoffrey Marr <gmarr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Thanks for the response and the info about upstream support. I used both the "orangepi_pc" and "nanopi_neo" profiles to get a successful boot, however when I used the "nanopi_neo" profile, neither ethernet port worked, it was only when I used the "orangepi_pc" profile that I was able to get one of the ethernet ports to work. As far as the machine model, it reports "Xunlong Orange Pi PC".

Right, that won't really work properly as that specifies the U-Boot
and hence the device tree for the device uses, the later describes the
HW and hence the reason why you don't get the second port. In this
case you're lucky it appears to work, but you could actually kill the
device if it sets up pins differently and puts the incorrect voltage
down a pin frying the component.