Re: Raspberry camera module

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 3:58 PM Tom Callaway <tcallawa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tested and confirmed that the real Raspberry Pi camera module works too. One caveat: None of this works with the stock F29 kernel, you need to update to the latest 4.19.* kernel update first.

This is what I expected, there was a number of improvements that went
into the vchiq driver, which it depends, on in 4.19 along with that
and the analog audio module so I had enabled it in rawhide to ensure
wider testing on the basics that it didn't crash and other such ugly
traits. Previously the vchiq driver wasn't even safe to use on
aarch64.

There's a bunch more fixes and improvements landed in 4.20, and a new
series that includes detection of a sensor to the CSI connector and
autoload of the module if it's present, plus similar improvements to
the analog audio jack. I actually already have a stashed change
against rawhide/4.20 to pull these into Fedora. Looking at the patch
set against 4.20 and newer upstream I don't think it'll be easy to
pull back to 4.19 and we should have 4.20 headed stable in around a
month or so. The autoload/detect patches into what we have on 4.19
should be straight forward if people think it's worthwhile?

> Nice work, Alessio. Apologies for the earlier confusion.

+1 from me here too, I've had the v2 camera module looking at me on my
desk ever since I enabled this back at the beginning of September :-)