Re: f2fs install ?

> I'm interested to install Fedora ARM on an F2FS file system.
>
> Are there tips or scripts to do this ?

So f2fs is something that's been in the back of my mind for some time
but I've not had time to investigate it. Details below.

> It looks like "arm-image-installer" basically uses "dd" to copy an
> image to storage.

Correct, it's more about setting up U-Boot for specific devices as
opposed installing.

> I had a script once that created partitions and file systems and
> copied (and then had to twiddle with the UUIDs in file systems or
> /etc/fstab) ... but I think I lost that script.
>
> I suppose I could make a kickstart file and use livemedia-creator or
> appliance-tools to create an image ... but I've never got that to
> work.

So I'm not sure it's going to be quite that simple. The end game is
one of two means, 1) use imagefactory to create an image. 2) use the
standard installer to install to the device.

>From an OS support point of view there's a number of things Fedora requires:
* xattr support for SELinux labels etc (I've not checked thiis)
* root fs support, this requires support in the anaconda installer
stack, should be straight forwrard
* boot filesystem support. This is more complex as it then requires a
grub2 driver so grub2 can load kernel/initrd from the filesystem to
actually boot.

There's other things that may come into play like filesystem
encryption (how to unlock it, does it use the usual tools or it's own
special tools), whether it's supported for device mapper for things
like LUKS etc.

Peter