Re: how to make a working f28 sd card for odroid-hc2 ?

Hi,

> for a while now i have been struggling to create a set of steps to make a
> successfully bootable fedora 28 image for my odroid hc2 computers.

We're in final freeze for Fedora 29 so I would suggest trying that and
seeing how you get on. You can get the latest nightly here:

https://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/29/Spins/armhfp/images

> the reason for this is several, but main one is to have all gluster related
> packaged available like the samba vfs modules and iscsi related packages for
> gluster that is missing from the ubuntu images.
> plus i prefer fedora.
>
> all i get is a sd card that boots but then hangs on initial setup and if i try
> to work around that by disabling it then boot takes maybe 5-10 minutes at least
> with failing services (probably those that depend on network) and when i
> finally get to a login prompt root doesn't work
>

> here is my step by step instructions so far that's not quite working:
> (this is done from a fedora 28 host)
>
> 1: first install needed packages
> dnf install arm-image-installer-2.5-1.fc28.noarch
> dnf install uboot-images-armv7-2018.03-6.fc28.noarch

I would install the f29 uboot-images-armv7 version here as we've moved
to 2018.09

> 2: get image and install it to sd card
> fedora-arm-image-installer --target=none
> --image=Fedora-Minimal-armhfp-28-1.1-sda.raw.xz --resizefs --norootpass
> --media=/dev/sdf --args "rd.driver.pre=ledtrig-heartbeat,xhci-plat-hcd
> cpuidle.off=1 no_bL_switcher console=tty1 console=ttySAC2,115200n8"

I don't believe you need
"rd.driver.pre=ledtrig-heartbeat,xhci-plat-hcd" bit for F-29 but I
don't have a device to test.

> (sdf in this case is my sd card)
>
> 3: fix the missing dtb file
> mkdir /tmp/sd
> mount -t auto /dev/sdf2 /tmp/sd
> cd /tmp/sd/dtb
> ln -s exynos5422-odroidxu4.dtb exynos5422-odroidunknown.dtb
> umount /tmp/sd

F-29 has exynos5422-odroidhc1.dtb so that might be a closer fit.

> 4: make it boot by running sd_fusing
> mkdir sd_fusing; cd sd_fusing
> wget
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hardkernel/u-boot/odroidxu4-v2017.05/sd_fuse/sd_fusing.sh
> \
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hardkernel/u-boot/odroidxu4-v2017.05/sd_fuse/bl1.bin.hardkernel
> \
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hardkernel/u-boot/odroidxu4-v2017.05/sd_fuse/bl2.bin.hardkernel.720k_uboot
> \
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hardkernel/u-boot/odroidxu4-v2017.05/sd_fuse/tzsw.bin.hardkernel
>
> chmod a+x sd_fusing.sh
> cp /usr/share/uboot/odroid-xu3/u-boot.bin .
>
> ./sd_fusing.sh /dev/sdf
>

> ok so now comes the problems
> at this stage i have a bootable image but it gets stuck, most likely on initial
> setup that never shows up.
> the thing is, it is not locked up because if i plug in an usb device i get a
> few lines on the serial console so kernel is still working but boot is stuck.

Try F-29, that's where all the focus is now.