Re: [RaspberryPI 3B] [unicorn Hat] [how to configure spi]

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 3:39 PM, pfrenard <pfrenard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 04/24/2018 01:18 PM, RENARD Pierre-Francois wrote:
>
> On 04/24/2018 12:39 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
>
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 7:35 AM, pfrenard <pfrenard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> can you tell me where I have to download the patch :) (do I have to
> copy/paste what you provided into your post ?)
>
> What patch? What post? Can you provide more details here?
>
> I was asking adpdyj+4aw13di0ccx1w@sharklasers.com :)
>
> I am running aarch64, so do I have to play with arm or arm64 ?
>
> When going into arch directories I have no dts file at all ? Did I miss
> something ?
>

> Sorry for the stupid questions !
>
> Just needs some more details :-) The HAT support for Fedora is not
> great ATM, although I'm hoping the general support will be better RSN.
> I'm working with a few people to improve the support of HATs but I
> support the Raspberry Pi in Fedora in mostly my own time and there's
> been other things, like making the new 3+ work that have taken
> priority here and also taken longer than I expected.
>
> Peter
>
> ok, it makes sense,
>
> I still have a lot to learn but if I  can help - at least testing stuff, it
> will be a pleasure :)
>

> I'll try adpdyj+4aw13di0ccx1w@sharklasers.com patch & stuffs and give you
> feedbacks.
>

> Fox
>

> Well Well Well :)
>
> it seams that unicornhat will be a mess for fedora and especially aarch64
>
> https://forums.pimoroni.com/t/fedora-aarch64-error-compiling-ws281x/7600/4
>
> (pip3 install is failing with a gcc error ... ) so I did try to do it from
> scratch ...
>
> ws281x is the issue and the post from pimoroni is an answer to my loneliness
> :)

I like pimoroni the company, I've followed them since their first case
released for the original RPi. Their software support remains shaky at
best, few of their HATs have published DT overlays, they have little
interest in supporting things out of a very closed Raspbian ecosystem
and the response on that forum makes me think they basically throw
stuff at a wall until it sticks. :-(

> never mind I'll try to make spi work !

Check the list archives there's a few threads around SPI and how to
enable it using various DT commands.

Peter