Re: Fedora26 image size

On 04/05/2017 08:41 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
Back home where my pile of 8 and 16 GB mSD cards are. So I can do an
image
install to see how large the image actually is...
You don't state which image you're using. The Minimal image is
actually less than 2Gb

I am using the server image.  But I am not going to try them all to see
which ones are pushing the size limit of 4GB mSD cards.

I am 'simply' pointing out that a statement that the images fit on 4GB cards
(though I should also check that that is still in the installation
instructions), should work for all images.
I'm not sure we've ever made a blanket statement that all images will
fit on 4Gb cards, eg there's no way Workstation would fit on 4Gb, and
in a lot of cases even if it did fit on a 4Gb image in a lot of cases
that wouldn't provide enough room to do basic things like system
updates. I will review sizes when I get a moment but I'm not going to
promise anything.

Really never did expect any promises.  Just stating my viewpoint.

I would like to get into a situation where I was running Fedora-arm as a regular basis instead of as a testing platform. I would think that if there was a touchscreen that I could run it on, I would really give it a decent workout. But at least a 9" netbook would work...

thanks!