Raspberry Pi 2 - are post-install steps required?

Hi,
I've problems with using GPIO from python. It just throws some memory
error and dumps. I'm not familiar with C/dumps and so on, so I did not
yet start to try to get details of it.

One thing I noticed is different content of /proc/cpuinfo between
Raspbian and Fedora 25.
Thus my interpretation is that if Fedora reports a bit different
hardware then some calls to some methods might fail.
Am I missing some step that should be done after install?

It could be some mutation of FAQ: about support for HATs.
But I would love clear statement, which would point that it just does
not work out-of-the-box and there is/isn't way to manually fix it for
someone who is not C/kernel developer.
As for me support for HATs and support to set GPIO pin 18 to HIGH state
are slightly different things. But maybe they have same root cause.

Regards
  Jan
[root@pi ~]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor	: 0
model name	: ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS	: 38.40
Features	: half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant	: 0x0
CPU part	: 0xc07
CPU revision	: 5

processor	: 1
model name	: ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS	: 38.40
Features	: half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant	: 0x0
CPU part	: 0xc07
CPU revision	: 5

processor	: 2
model name	: ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS	: 38.40
Features	: half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant	: 0x0
CPU part	: 0xc07
CPU revision	: 5

processor	: 3
model name	: ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS	: 38.40
Features	: half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant	: 0x0
CPU part	: 0xc07
CPU revision	: 5

Hardware	: BCM2835
Revision	: 0000
Serial		: 0000000048a16ae5

root@pi:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor	: 0
model name	: ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS	: 38.40
Features	: half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant	: 0x0
CPU part	: 0xc07

[...]