Re: Fedora 24-Beta-1.6 seems not working!!

Am 2016-06-30 02:46, schrieb Dennis Gilmore:
On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 6:37:48 PM CDT ali hagigat wrote:
On 6/29/16, arm_ml@xxxxxxxxxxx <arm_ml@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 2016-06-19 08:28, schrieb ali hagigat:
>> I have the following software and hardware:
>>
>> - Odroid XU4
>> - Fedora-LXDE-armhfp-24-Beta-1.6-sda.raw.xz
>>
>> I used  /usr/share/uboot/odroid-xu3/u-boot.bin  as u-boot.bin file.
>> When the board boots, it finds vmlinuz and initramfs files and the
>> kernel start running. But it seems that kernel has some problems:
>> - it can not initialize HDMI interface
>> - it does not find the EXT4 root file system
>>
>> The following boot messages are printed and then the system stops with
>
>> a dracut prompt and no keyboard key stroke is taken :
> --- schnip---
>
> Hello Ali,
>
> Any update on this? Did you manage to rebuild the initramfs? I will try
> to make this week (I must search for a howto to rebuild initramfs)
>
> Greetings
> Andreas

I used the latest image of Fedora,
https://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/24/Spins/armhfp
/images/Fedora-LXDE-armhfp-24-1.2-sda.raw.xz The kernel can not initialize HDMI port and monitor like before and it can not read the root file system
though the SD card UUID is correct.

I did not change initramfs. I need a howto page like Andreas to do that.

do you have another working arm system? you will need one to make the
initramfs

But why initramfs is incorrect? while Fedora has released the final
version of arm-Fedora 24
What are the functionalities of these drivers?
dw_exynos-mmc
this is the mmc driver for exynos
exynosdrm
video for exynos
ehci-exynos
ohci-exynos
use 1.1 and usb 2 drivers for exynos

uboot is reading the fist partition on the SD card, how the kernel and
initramfs can not read the third partion?!! and the root file system
I think the Fedora arm image has problems

u-boot can read the partitions just fine, but the kernel can not, which is
where you are getting stuck.

I used the Xfce image, after editing extlinux.conf and rebuilding the
initramfs to include the correct modules it worked fine. there is a bug in dracut or the kernel or both that prevents things from just working. We will
need to figure out what exactly and work with the upstreams to fix it

Dennis

Hello Dennis,

is there any howto to rebuild the initramfs on the ARM-System and bring it back the image? I have a running Fedora 24 with the Ubuntu-Kernel on the XU4. There is no extlinux.conf.

Thank you
Andreas