Restoring Ada packages on aarch64

Hello!

I understand that builds of Ada packages have been failing on aarch64
since before the F23 release.

GPRbuild 2015 introduced some dependency loops that Koji can't handle.
This was worked around with some trickery, but apparently the secondary
architectures were left behind. We now have a better solution that
should allow future upgrades to go smoothly, and I'd like to see if we
can get GPRbuild back on track on aarch64.

I have no aarch64 hardware myself, and I'm not sure how to access the
build systems that secondary architectures use, but I hope we can work
together to restore GPRbuild and the packages that depend on it.

It should be possible to use the working GPRbuild in older releases to
re-bootstrap GPRbuild for Rawhide and F24. The following is how it
would be done on a primary architecture. The procedure may need to be
adapted if things work differently for secondary architectures.

1: Take an aarch64 host running F22 or F23 and install gprbuild and
gcc-gnat the usual way. You will get a dynamically linked GPRbuild 2014
that pulls in XMLada and libgnat.

2: Uninstall xmlada-devel if it is installed.

3: Copy the latest xmlada and gprbuild source packages from Rawhide or
F24 to the F22 or F23 host.

4: Build xmlada with RPMbuild.

5: Use rpm --install --excludedocs to install the resulting
xmlada-2015, xmlada-devel-2015 and xmlada-static-2015 packages. Do not
upgrade the base package, but keep xmlada-2013 installed alongside
xmlada-2015. (--excludedocs works around file conflicts.)

6: Build gprbuild with RPMbuild. This will produce a statically linked
GPRbuild 2015.

7: Unpack the resulting gprbuild package and repackage the file tree in
a tarball. (/usr/share/doc can be omitted but all the rest of /usr is
needed.)

8: Check out the master branch of gprbuild.

9: Add the tarball from step 7 as Source100 and set bootstrap_arch to
"aarch64".

10: Build gprbuild in Koji. This step gets the statically linked
executables into Koji.

11: When the build from step 10 shows up in the buildroot, build xmlada
in Koji.

12: Remove Source100 and change bootstrap_arch back.

13: When the build from step 11 shows up in the buildroot, build
gprbuild again.

14: Repeat steps 8 to 13 for F24.

Björn Persson