Re: BeagleBone Black with FC23

Hi Peter,

On 02/10/2016 07:43 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Steve Underwood <steveu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I have a BeagleBone Black, original version, which has been running an older
version of Fedora just fine. I tried putting
Fedora-Xfce-armhfp-23-10-sda.raw.xz on a 32GB micro SD card, and I can't get
it to work. Most times I boot and get nothing on the screen. However, I can
make an SSH connection to the board, so the board has booted. A few times
when I boot I get the the initial text screen, and then it goes blank. The
installation notes mention there are quirks here. An even fewer times I get
the text screen, followed by the GUI initial setup screen. At this point SSH
can make a connection to the board. However, as soon as I move the mouse a
little the machine locks up. The screen stops responding, and I can no
longer use SSH to make a connection to the board. That seems to happen every
time I get to the initial setup screen.
You might want to add a "console=ttyO0" to the append line in
/boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf file

Does anyone have their Beaglebone Black working nicely with FC23?
Yes, about 4 of them including Black and Green, I don't use hdmi or GUIs though

I found that adding "console=tty00" made the initial text boot screen appear each time I tried, but the GUI still failed to work. I then tried the server version of Fedora 23 with "console=tty00". Sometimes I saw the text boot screen for a few seconds, and sometimes I didn't. Either way I was left with a black screen at the end of the boot process. I know the boot had completed, as I could use SSH to connect - although not log in, since the initial setup had not been completed.

I tried editing the /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow to remove the root password, and I tried to allow password free login in the sshd_config, but I still couldn't use SSH to log on.

Regards,
Steve