Re: Fedora Cloud box idea

On 02/01/2016 10:30 AM, Zoltan Hoppar wrote:
Hi Peter,

Media distribution: Fedora installer images to visitors, project
members through this "box". If you connect via wifi with your device,
you would be able to copy/download, or even create your needed
installer. Access point for the visitors, sharing server, digital
information hub. If we would be able to create such box to the event
booth, you can say to the visitor, that if you connect - you can fetch
what you need or read more about us, who we are what we do, how you
can join - and work together with us. We don't have to write discs, we
would be able share installers/info/services through this.

Similarily, if you are an ambassador, maybe you can request/build by
your own this box, when you receive it, loaded with the latest images
- you can fire up the release party, and anyone who needs it can
receive his/her installer, marketing tools, or whatnot through the box
AP.

2nd use case: At event a team wants to share, or cooperate together
without messing with the local network - instead using this box AP

It has been years since I have done booth duty and worked with the mess of lots of SSIDs all on the same channel.

In the FWIW column, figure out how to do this over the booth's main SSID, not a separate one and cause visitors / booth members even more challenges.

Remember that a separate SSID on a busy channel does not make for better throughput. A busy channel is just that a, busy channel.

I greatly value all of you Fedora developers doing things I cannot; I benefit from your work. But I am a long time standards guy in IEEE 802 and really get beaten into me the limit of physics and RF...

witch gives you team tools, eg. etherpad, chat, logging, and anything
that can be necessary. If its about packaging, translation, or such
how cool would be to have all those tools locally, and share between
them to who are joining.

I thought on something this - and for me Kodi looking a pretty good
candidate to this, as it has nodejs support, and more....

Zoltan

I would like to build an small, and cheap cloud solution that maybe
can be our next solution for media distribution. As a POC, I would
Define "media distribution", writing usb sticks, just a web service, a
web service with a AP for people to connect to, something completely
different.

like to know what kind of cheap ARM board has enough horsepower to
provide access to our images (eg. remote tftp server, info site, and
more), and can work as our infotaintment server at events if someone
joining to this openly accessible box at events.
Define "infotaintment server", running on the same as the above or a
different device.

Sorry I've not really looked at what the media distribution does at
events because i already run Fedora on everything I might take to an
event :)

Peter