[fedora-arm] Re: Submitted a F24 change request on BBC micro:bit

On 17/01/16, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 8:45 AM, Kushal Das <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have submitted a change request [1] for F24 on BBC micro:bit. This
> > will be mostly packaging work, and helping out the upstream developers
> > with patches :)
> >
> > [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Micro_Bit
>
> With my FESCo hat on, there is almost no information in this Change at
> all.  It doesn't say what work needs to be done, who is going to do
> it, what, if any, impacts this will have on anyone.  This Change is
> not ready.  Please provide more information.  At the very least,
> please tell us what is missing and needs to be packaged, what patches
> you foresee being needed, etc.

My mistake of not putting in all the details on time. It comes down to
packaging uFlash, the tool which can be used to flash the device with
Python scripts, and MicroPython runtime. The second package is called
mu, which is actively being developed, it is very simple editor, which
can be used to write and flash the device with the Python scripts. mu
removes the dependency to the internet connection, it also has repl
which connects to the device.

Kushal
--
Fedora Cloud Engineer