[fedora-arm] Re: Adding pcDuino support to Fedora 23's ardunio ide

On 01/13/2016 11:21 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 11:56 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I got the Arduino ide 1.64 from the testing repo working, and worked out
that Linksprite did a special build of arduino ide for their board.  I found
on github:

https://github.com/liaods/pcduino-arduino-ide

And I am hoping there is some way to add files to the F23 rpm and not have
to do a build for Fedora, as this github build is for some other distro :)
The standard process for this would be to get them to submit their
changes upstream to the primary project then we just consume it in the
version it lands in. It quickly becomes almost impossible to try and
juggle patches from dozens of different forks.

Understand.  This afternoon, I found the following over on adafruit:

https://learn.adafruit.com/add-boards-arduino-v164/overview

And 1.6.4 is the version in Fedora testing that I am working with. Now to follow this instruction and see if it works!

Much better if Arduino makes it easy to add more boards...

So far I have not identified a specific file to include or modify. No
response on the Linksprite forum, considering how few people are on that
forum, I am not supprised.  Anyway, if anyone here has worked with adding
boards to arduino ide or know where instructions are, my searching is not
taking me where I need to go.

thanks for all help.